Password:

Forgot your password?
Raid Calendar

Raid Calendar
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

Here is something I was thinking about today. As we look to expand our raid capacity and increase the days that we are raiding one issue is knowing when in instance will reset. You've done such a great job at providing all in one shopping for things is there anyway you can syncronize the Raid/Event calendar on the sites to show the when each instance will reset? It would be helpful to see a mouse over on each day of when what instances will reset on that day.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
That would be super helpfull.
I'll hafta look into the possibility of parsing the XML data (I'm assuming it's XML format) from the Blizzard Calendar.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I'll hafta look into the possibility of parsing the XML data (I'm assuming it's XML format) from the Blizzard Calendar.

Actually, it should be even easier than that.

They reset on a known schedule. Just create a repeating "NOTE" item for calendars.

From http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/calendar/

Blackwing Lair: Every 7 Days during weekly maintenance
Molten Core: Every 7 Days during weekly maintenance
Temple of Ahn'Qiraj (40-man): Every 7 Days during weekly maintenance
Naxxramas: Every 7 Days during weekly maintenance
Onyxia: Every 5 Days at 3:00AM
Zul'Gurub: Every 3 Days at 3:00AM
Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj (20-man): Every 3 Days at 3:00AM

Ideally though if you could grab Data from Blizzard and even put those nifty graphics or icons on the calendar that would be best, because before too long even the 5 and 10 man instances in BC will multi-day instance timers. Woo!

Ideally, yes, and for the most part it would work. But Blizzard, unfortunately has power over that schedule and if they decide to change it, it would require me to go in and re-tweak it.

The best solution would be to parse the page for the data so that it's 100% automated. After all, if something changes and I don't have access to a computer for a few days (or somethign to that effect), then everyone's calendar would end up being wrong, and I really don't want that

--

Ideally, yes, and for the most part it would work. But Blizzard, unfortunately has power over that schedule and if they decide to change it, it would require me to go in and re-tweak it.

The best solution would be to parse the page for the data so that it's 100% automated. After all, if something changes and I don't have access to a computer for a few days (or somethign to that effect), then everyone's calendar would end up being wrong, and I really don't want that

I agree with you wanting to pull the actual data from Blizzard's page, however just look at Blizzard's calendar code. They do the same as was suggested - no dates are hard-coded. If they do change it, you would have to go in and change your code, but then so will they.

Additionally, given their code, parsing it might not be possible, as their's is client-side Javascript. I think you're just better off copying their code for now

--
Muricas
Additionally, given their code, parsing it might not be possible, as their's is client-side Javascript. I think you're just better off copying their code for now

Oh, I hadn't actually looked at the code on it yet, I just figured it used XML like their server status page.

Interesting. Well, so much for that idea. I guess I'll just have to make sure I update things accurately when they do.

--

[Back to Index]