Forgot your password?
images on forum posts

images on forum posts
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Hello,

Is it possible for non-admin users to place images in forum posts?
I see file attachments, but it's not clear how to link them.
Thanks!

Sarica
Quote by Sarica
Hello,

Thanks!

Sarica

That functionality is built into the system inherently. If you post an link that ends in .jpg .gif .bmp it will automatically try to render the image.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun
Quote by Sarica
Hello,

Thanks!

Sarica

That functionality is built into the system inherently. If you post an link that ends in .jpg .gif .bmp it will automatically try to render the image.

But I think what Sarica's saying is by using the file attachment and the image isn't actually hosted anywhere. I was wondering this myself. Is there a way to attach the image and have it show in the post without having to go back and copy the shortcut of the file attachment, then edit the post?

I think I got that right. LOL!
Is there a way to attach the image and have it show in the post without having to go back and copy the shortcut of the file attachment, then edit the post?

Unfortunately not

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Markane
Quote by Saudorun
Quote by Sarica
Hello,

Thanks!

Sarica

But I think what Sarica's saying is by using the file attachment and the image isn't actually hosted anywhere. I was wondering this myself. Is there a way to attach the image and have it show in the post without having to go back and copy the shortcut of the file attachment, then edit the post?

I think I got that right. LOL!

Ok that is simple also. When you attach the image it will load it on the files server. If you right click the link for the attachment and hit open in new window/tab it will show the true path on the address bar of the new window/tab. Copy that. Then edit your post and past that url into the post. Or just upload the image to the gallery then in the gallery right click the image and select view image and again copy the url for the image from the address bar and past it into the post your making.

But for unhosted images you want to share with the guild...Why aren't you using the Picture Galleries? This is probably the only way to do it without having to go back and edit the post. Load it to the gallery the link the gallery image.

example with attachment

Example from gallery

--
[/QUOTE Why aren't you using the Picture Galleries? This is probably the only way to do it without having to go back and edit the post. Load it to the gallery the link the gallery image.
[/QUOTE]

Sometimes we want to put pictures in the forums and not everyone is able to do this step. Plus some post we want them to be private.

Quote by Saudorun
Quote by Sarica
Why aren't you using the Picture Galleries? This is probably the only way to do it without having to go back and edit the post. Load it to the gallery the link the gallery image.

Sometimes we want to put pictures in the forums and not everyone is able to do this step. Plus some post we want them to be private.

There are quite a few free picture hosting services in that case. I no my ISP Hosts one for its users.

--

[/QUOTE]

There are quite a few free picture hosting services in that case. I no my ISP Hosts one for its users.[/QUOTE]

Thankyou I will look into that.
Thankyou I will look into that.

Popular ones are ImageShack and PhotoBucket

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]