Password:

Forgot your password?
other armory tools

other armory tools
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

Was digging around on some strat stuff and stumbled across this.
http://armory.mmo-champion.com/

Has some nice report based things. I would mind seeing some of these implemented on DKPSystem but I think they could easily be pulled from DKPSystem itself rather than the armory since your loading most of this and more anyway.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
It would be really neat to see a similar implementation of this on the profile pages.

However, the problem comes from constantly polling the Armory page, every time a person requests a profile page. That's why the scripts on that site generate the information, then display it on a static html page: so that they don't bog down the already-slow Armory servers.

Still, if Blizz ever found a way to, I dunno, send out RSS feeds, then you could easily implement a few of the ideas on that page in the profiles.

--
. : Keela
Designer of www.renewal-guild.com
Quote by keela
It would be really neat to see a similar implementation of this on the profile pages.

However, the problem comes from constantly polling the Armory page, every time a person requests a profile page. That's why the scripts on that site generate the information, then display it on a static html page: so that they don't bog down the already-slow Armory servers.

Still, if Blizz ever found a way to, I dunno, send out RSS feeds, then you could easily implement a few of the ideas on that page in the profiles.

But thats why I said Chops wouldn't have to pull all of this from the armory. He is pulling some and then the rest can come from GuildBank which is more up to date than the armory anyway. I just like the idea of running a report and looking at all my main and off tanks stats and being able to say ok whats the difference and who needs help where.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Well granted, there is a lot of overlap between the GuildBank mod and the tools on that site. But certain aspects that the GuildBank mod doesn't check for yet, e.g. attunements, could be worked in without hammering the site too badly.

Maybe the GuildBank mod, when it fires for an update to the server upon logout, can also send a query for info to the Armory page, requesting data on attunements and the sort that the mod doesn't track?

--
. : Keela
Designer of www.renewal-guild.com
Most of the things that are done right now with the system compare with those pages, and those that are missing are either in the works (automatic key displaying) or non-essential (arena team comparison...whatever)

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]